Saturday, December 25, 2004

Frohe Weihnachten

Merry Christmas Everyone!! I hope everyone's Christmas (no matter where in the world you happen to be on this day) went well.

Spent Christmas Eve/Helige Abend with the girls: Anna, Rebecca, Ingrid, and her mom. We did a little cooking, played some games, and chilled next to the tree.

On Christmas morning we had breakfast in Ingrid's room while we opened presents. We didn't wrap Tiffany's goldfish (named Courtney and Ingrid fittingly) because that would have been weird. Then we went for a relaxing walk through the Englischer Garten. The weather was amazingly warm for Munich, something like 50F. For this reason, almost the entire city of Munich was out for a walk. It was beautiful nonetheless. It's a big park. We ended up stopping at a Beer Garden on the shore of a little lake. Beer and pretzels sure do make Christmas a bit more Germanic.

When I came home I got to talk to my family! Yay!

Then we cooked (by we I mean that I brought bread, cheese, and pistacios) dinner at Tiffany's. Sauerbraten, gravy, Spaetzle, and Rotkohl salad made up our rather German dinner. Tiffany also made us an apple crisp dessert that we ate while watching Ice Age in German.

Then we went back out for another walk in the wonderfully mild weather (that all of Southern California takes for granted!). When we were outside we all noticed a weird ring around the moon. A German girl walked by ...
German girl - Was ist das? (what is that?)
me - Keine Ahnung (no idea)
German girl - Hoffentlich nicht die Weltuntergang. (hopefully not the apocalypse)
me - *fake laughter*

Ok, now what kind of person says that? She freaked us out! But Ingrid
assured me that it was just a Christmas Moon Rainbow. Apocalypse or Christmas Moon Rainbow? Hmmm...(To find out what it really was click here.)

Wishing everyone Christmas Moon Rainbows (not the creepy kind, the cool kind)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Court- Frohe Fest! I hope that you had an extremely memorable Christmas. I miss you so much!
-Bubs, the one and only!!!!